Ladle Metallurgical Furnace Roofs
Many aspects of the design and construction of SYSTEMS Spray-Cooled™ equipment demonstrate inherent advantages. One case in point is the application of our Spray-Cooled™ technology to the LMF roof. The continuous plate hot face formed into either a conical surface or a domed surface hinders the adherence of slag on the hot face for cleaner heat refinement and less maintenance efforts. The independent containment covering provides for cooling of all roof penetrations for the distance from the hot face to the outside surface. Combined with all of the many technological, Safety, environmental, operational and maintenance benefits of our Spray-Cooled™ equipment, SYSTEMS Spray-Cooled™ LMF roofs have proven to be another one of our successful applications.
- Continuous plate hot face resists slag adherence for cleaner heat refinement operations.
- Less slag adherence reduces cleaning and rebuild efforts
- Light weight facilitates minimal lifting peripherals
- One-piece construction provides maximum flexibility in locating, modifying, adding and removing operating, inspection and monitoring openings.
- One-piece construction provides for a cleaner, GREENER shop environment.
Water Management Made Easy
Improving furnace reliability while decreasing and easing maintenance requirements, providing safer working conditions in a cleaner environment, reducing the cost of spare parts inventories while extending the service life of the equipment, and providing for more production with less energy – SYSTEMS Spray-Cooled™ equipment is “Staying Cool in a Hot Business”.