Basic Oxygen Furnace Hoods
With the extreme heat loads created during oxygen blow, the detrimental erosion and corrosion conditions present, and the grave difficulties of repair and replacement were all significant considerations in making the decision to develop the SYSTEMS Spray-Cooled™ BOF hood. All of the many technological, Safety, environmental, operational and maintenance benefits of our Spray-Cooled™ equipment are present in the SYSTEMS Spray-Cooled™ BOF hood, and years of successful operation haven proven the viability, economy, and reliability of our technology in this most demanding of applications.
- Spray-Cooling’s™ more efficient cooling methods stand-up to the extreme heat loads seen in the BOF hood’s lower oxygen lance panel.
- Increased equipment service life
- Safer operations
- Reduced maintenance downtime attributed to BOF hood water leaks
- Increased shop productivity attributed to the Spray-Cooled™ BOF hood
- Thinner hot face plate has reduced the magnitude of thermal stresses
- Elimination of flow baffles allows hot face to expand and contract freely reducing thermal growth stresses and making the inner liner and outer liner independent, thus further reducing distortions and failures due to the resultant stresses.
- Ability to size and locate spray nozzles according to the required local cooling as it varies throughout the hood is conducive to better water management and efficient utilization of cooling water.
- Lighter weight hood reduces supporting system requirements
- No special chemical treatment of the cooling water is not required.
- The hood can be more easily created in smaller, more manageable panels to ease removal, repair, and replacement
- Routine repair procedures can be accomplished from the outside, while in situ, eliminating the need for time consuming and costly overlay procedures.
Improving Productivity Worldwide
Improving furnace reliability while decreasing and easing maintenance requirements, providing safer working conditions in a cleaner environment, reducing the cost of spare parts inventories while extending the service life of the equipment, and providing for more production with less energy – SYSTEMS Spray-Cooled™ equipment is “Staying Cool in a Hot Business”.
Spray-Cooled™ Capabilities Brochure
- Please recheck your ID(s).
- If you are showing a private album, check that the "Retrieve Photos From" option is set to "User's Private Album" and that the Authorization Key is correct.