Extended Equipment Service Life
Operational conditions are unique to each installation, thus the equipment operating environment and heat load demands will vary within a single installation over time, and between installations. This variance may affect the service life of any type of equipment that is subject to the adverse conditions present in all furnace shops. However, many features of SYSTEMS Spray-Cooled™ equipment extend the useful service life far beyond the capabilities of alternative technologies.
- The continuous thin carbon steel plate hot face is the only “wear” item in the equipment and is readily repairable and/or replaceable. The remaining structural, containment, spray system distribution piping, spraying system delivery piping, spray nozzles, etc. is protected from the operating environment and thus has an indefinite service life.
- The inherent scrubbing action of the spraying system virtually eliminates scale build-up on the hot face, thus extending the service life of the only “wear” item present.
- Our patented cooling method applications have drastically increased service life of the most historically problematic areas of furnace components.
- Smooth plate construction reduces the inherent erosion-corrosion effects of the dust laden gases present, thus extending the service life of the equipment.
Extended Equipment Service Life Video
Improving furnace reliability while decreasing and easing maintenance requirements, providing safer working conditions in a cleaner environment, reducing the cost of spare parts inventories while extending the service life of the equipment, and providing for more production with less energy, SYSTEMS Spray-Cooled™ equipment is “Staying Cool in a Hot Business”.
- Please recheck your ID(s).
- If you are showing a private album, check that the "Retrieve Photos From" option is set to "User's Private Album" and that the Authorization Key is correct.